Ellen by Coral McCallum ARC Book Review


Hello, Bookworms,

I have been reading a few books lately and the reviews are up on Goodreads and Amazon for those books I will transfer those here petty soon if you don't follow me on on Goodreads, please be my friend there if you want to it's the same name as the blog. 

Anyway, back to the review of this book. I will like to separate this review into parts. 
Part one Gerne
Part two contents 


Part one:
When I was contacted by the author I was pitched that this book is a romance first and also following Ellens story after the accident she had. So she got severely burnt lost an arm and her lungs got scorched. Pretty gruesome right?
Yes right, also after what 5 years she manages to get back on her feet and join the band afterlife. So far so good, so incidents happen with the band from the gecko and she explains what happens to them. Awesome! that's good as well so it's leading as in a nice way. Anyway, we dive into the world of the band pretty straight away. 
That's it... The end

Jokes, not!  here is my complaint if you gonna say it's a romance novel then give as more romance and less band. Here is the thing caring for someone and having like a meh sex that's not romance, that basic needs.  
Also, no emotions flying towards them just purely friendship I saw it that way anyway. No swooning, no charming nothing spicy not even vanilla. Like the nana said being soulmates doesn't mean you have to be lovers. Dah Nana, you are a wise woman you saw not spark at all. 
Although I have to say that on Goodreads has no gerne. 

Part two:

Alright, for this part I have to say that was actually interesting following the band around. How everything worked, concerts, recording drama within the band. The working of a band life. It felt like a documentary. Which again I liked. I mean that would have been awesome if I went thinking this is a band book and surprise there is a hint of romance. 

Anyway, Conclusion

I would have loved to see the romance be darker and with more smooshing faces and bodies together. Also the one interesting character Luke wasn't the one the fell in love, it's a same. I mean if he and Ellen been an item wow explosive stuff. 
So I leave here with my thoughts and to tell you if you want to read band book then read it it's actually good. if you want to read a romance book with a little band stuff then don't read it. 


Comments