Enlightened (Enlightened #1) by Billie Kowalewski ARC Book Review


Hello, Bookworms,

It's been a long time since I was here. I have been reading but not writing so much. 
I just wanted to read and enjoy it rather than read to write a review. It has taken me longer to finish books but I tell you what I definitely have been enjoying them more and I am able to give a better review that way. 

Let's start!

So I wanted to say that when I got contacted by the author to do a review on this book I thought the author was a guy. Like a good author stalker, I am I decided to go and look up this Billie, ahem she is a woman. That taught me to stop making assumptions about names. 

Anyway, I am always intrigued by the afterlife and the different variables that each person has to say about. So, Of course, I said yes to this book because da need to check out this author view on and how she weaved it to a story. 

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by the story. My mind had gone to a different concept before I started this book and I was yet again wrong. Which is brilliant because I love to be surprised by books. 
 I had a talk with my husband of a similar concept that came from another guy was doing a podcast I don't remember who but he was doing an experiment of doing DMT that drug puts you to sleep and allegedly gets you in touch with your subconscious and possible the other you in the afterlife. Anyway, probably most of you think I am talking jibberish right now So I get to the review.

So the concept of this book is that earth is a school and we go there to learn; the afterlife is actually our home and we go there when we "die". Of course, we follow a group and within this group, we focus on our two main characters were the story slowly starts to unfold and explain the whole concept of this afterlife.

I loved the story and the concept. I thought it was really nicely put together. I felt that the author took the concept of dimensions and structured the afterlife on that.  I believe the 10th dimension is where it has infinite possibilities were you can imagine anything and it happens, i.e, a house in the forest with a beachfront. 

The book had some repetition in words and feelings which annoyed me, but towards the end, I realized why. I think the author wanted to establish the feelings of our main characters and ingrain it in our brains. Then she did the unthinkable finished the book of a bloody cliffhanger. Like WTF I am very angry about it. I didn't expect it. I didn't realize it finished. In all honesty, it could have finished a little more soft not so abrupt. I had to email the author ask her if it's meant to finish mid-sentence or it has been an error. It turned out it hadn't. 
Well, am I suggesting this book for people to read?

A BIG FAT YES. Although it finished the way it finished I didn't feel angry after I realized it was a cliffhanger. I am looking forward to reading the second book as well. 





Comments