Irina's Eye by H.W. Freedman Book Review


Irina's Eye

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I RECEIVED A COPY OF THIS BOOK IN EXCHANGE FOR AN OPEN AND HONEST REVIEW.

I had such high expectations of this book. I hate to say it but I was disappointed. The story started strong and had a lot of promising but towards the middle, it kinda lost its focus. I felt it was like an autobiography. The main character it seemed pretty humane like in the real world "humane". In the story, you went back and forth with timelines and slowly was revealed the future/past. I think it would have worked better if you went with one timeline past to future.
Also the main character Vaclav did some things to survive which it made his character real but the way he treated women and his relationship with women was weird.

I would have preferred if Irina's eye was supernatural but I am afraid it was not. The whole story with her didn't add up. I felt it was slapped together right in the end. It did take me a long time to finish it because I felt the story wasn't progressing as it should.

The ending was kinda sad because of many things. It was a very interesting concept that's why I say yes for the first time but the book didn't appeal to me as I wanted. For some people, it might do!





Comments