Shadow Eyes (Shadow Eyes, #1) by Dusty Crabtree ARC Book Review



 Hello, Bookworms,

How are you guys doing? How is your reading goal doing? I am going A-Okay with it. Going strong because I can't deal with reality so much now that I am reading to go to places. And OH- the places I have been.

Anyway, I should get on with the review.

First of all look at that cover, compelling right? I was really intrigued by the cover it was part of saying yes, shows you how important the graphics are on a book. It plays a big role first impressions and all.  So the book is about a girl can see black and white shadows. The black shadows are like negative feelings and bad things happen when they are around. And the white shadows is this positivity that shows the "light" in the situation. Iris( the main girl) she is afraid of them but learned how to live with them all around her.

It reminded me the book Fallen by Lauren Kate with the shadows and the misfit girl and all.

Also both very slow books.

Although the story was very compelling it felt after a while the story dragged and slowed down quite a bit. I mean the shadows very major A-holes about everything and poor Iris had to deal with them on more occasions without knowing what to do.

You know what I liked? that this book wasn't fluffy and cute it was darker than most YA books. I loved that part yeah show us some negative emotions and shitty situations that teenagers put themselves. Also, the concept of shadows that makes feel things and do bad things is actually interesting. It's like guardian angels and little demons and humans picking a side willing or not.


The first book I feel that it was a way to be pulled in the world of shadows and when in the was revealed what was revealed ( don't want to spoil it) then the book two will be more action-packed hopefully.

Anyway, it was an interesting read. Would recommend it to fans of Fallen and other similar books or just dive in and read something new a refreshing.

Comments