"A watched pot" by Mr. Blue || Book Review



OH, COME ON, IT'S NOT OVER, IS IT? I NEED MORE!

This short story was sent to me by the author, Mr. Blue, and I was requested to do an honest review about it. I'm very happy and excited because this was my first collaboration for this blog, I really enjoyed the whole procedure and I hope to do it again soon.

This book is a short read thriller about Graham, a desperate husband, and his much too annoying wife Cressida. Graham seems to have had enough of his wife's (and her friends') conceited (and deceitful, maybe?) behavior and crazy ideas seem to go through his mind. I really enjoyed this little journey. I loved the writing, it was really good. The plot is interesting, it keeps your attention and you can't stop reading. The writer can create some very vivid images and can really convey the feeling of the scene. Some of the descriptions made my hair stand on end and I felt like anything could happen at any moment. Like Graham could snap at any moment and do something crazy. I really enjoyed this feeling.

I could really get a good sense of the characters and their distinct voices, even in this short amount of pages, which was very impressive. I almost immediately connected and had feelings for all of them. I felt sympathy for Graham, while I felt the urge to slap Cressida and her friends. 

The ending was weirdly satisfying, it gave me evil laughter. The only problem I had with it is that I wanted more. I really wanted to know what happened with all of them afterward. How much did they freak out? How did they react? What happened later? Did they walk out of the house alive and well? Or maybe not? Did things take a turn for the worse? Because I would love that! It left me wanting some more and very curious.

I would rate this book with a 4,5 but since I can't, and since I enjoyed it very much, I'm going to give it 5 stars. I recommend it to anyone who loves a good thriller story and I'd love to read some more of the author's work in the future.

Thanks for reading!

Comments